Monday, September 25, 2017

9/25/17: Highlight Reels

I definitely agree with the passage. It seems like so many people try to make themselves feel better, so they post the fun stuff. Social media can become a highlight reel so easily because it's so easy to get caught up and wishing that you had the life of the people you follow. I think that some of the dangers include seeing a post and then looking for one of your own because it's "better" and you want to one-up the other person. Soon it just becomes like a small competition to see who has the "better" life. I guess my biggest take away is just the fact that my life is the "perfect" example for others when they see it on social media. This ties into my digital life because I do the same. I see all these posts about how great someone's life is, and I get somewhat jealous. It makes me want to scroll through my pictures just to find a better one. I do it because if I post a good picture, then I don't have to admit all the crap I deal with

No comments:

Post a Comment